Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the Netherlands, and we’re hiring!
Who are we?
We’re revolutionizing the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more, simply by showing their smartphones.
To help the company grow to the next level, we’re now looking for a Copy Editor to join our team. As an English language grammar and punctuation wizard, you’ll primarily be ensuring our product copy is flawless. But you’ll also ensure everything from blog posts to press releases and tweets live up to your ridiculously exacting standards.
- Sub-editing copy details on both the CMS and live site, working to tight daily deadlines to ensure all product descriptions are well-written in a concise, accurate and informative manner, showcasing all relevant key details
- Checking for accuracy of new copy against product images, checking for perfect grammar, spelling, formatting, consistency, etc.
- Ensuring that all editorial content across product pages reflects Tiqets’ aims, values and house style
- Maintaining and contributing to the Tiqets Content Style Guide
- Conducting regular audits of the site to check for consistency and accuracy
- Attending writer feedback sessions
- Supporting Product Editors in writer development and training exercises
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related subject (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience working as a sub-editor/copy editor or proofreader in an editorial or e-commerce environment
- Awareness of – and appreciation for – blogging and digital journalism
- Excellent grammar skills and ability to adapt to house style
- Detail-oriented to the point of being fastidious
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Sound knowledge of travel and tourism sector
- Affinity for social media
What we offer
- The chance to make an impact in the fastest growing startup in the Netherlands
- A global team of fun, highly skilled and ambitious people
- An informal atmosphere in our Central Amsterdam office (near Amstel Station)
- Plenty of responsibility and an opportunity to grow
- A bright, welcoming office where we work hard and play hard too
- Great working conditions and a competitive salary
- A personal 20% discount code for all the tickets you order with us
- Fresh coffee, tea, fruits and a free lunch every day
- Fun, sociable events in and out of the office space
- We have table football, Friday drinks, knowledge-sharing sessions with pizza, and lots more!
Get in touch
Are you the Copy Editor we’re looking for? Send your application via the application form on our website. We can’t wait to hear from you!